13 November 2013

Wargames Foundry French Napoleonic Commanders

Painting time has been interrupted lately, mainly to my bad organisational skills trying to juggle a heavy workload and moving the man cave. Then of course Blog Con provided some much needed down time this last weekend.

However when I left you last I had two French command figures for my Napoleonic collection in progress, since the man cave is now operational it seemed fitting to get these completed. I also had enough time to get the third commander painted as well.

So taking a break from the Blog con reports for tonight I present you my three newest recruits to my Peninsular forces from the magnificent Foundry range.

First up is my new Swiss Commander.




Next is my Legere Officer.




Finally a Line commander.




44 comments:

  1. That's some most excellent painting. Your Line commanders horse is absolutely awesome... have to steel this at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes the horse was a touch more awkward but sets off the standard officer nicely

      Delete
  2. This is top shelf stuff, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just my play toys Ev, or they will be once this years challenge is done

      Delete
  3. Seen these in 5he flesh and they are very sweet indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for passing the spare lead my way bud

      Delete
  4. Lovely work Andrew. I know these figures well as they are sprinkled liberally throughout my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have armies of Foundry figures if the cost was reasonable but its not!

      Delete
  5. Excellent trio! My favorite figure changed with each picture that came up. Then the Line commander's horse cinched the deal. That's my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work! Like others have stated, the line officer's horse is extraordinary. You don't see that breed on the gaming table much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan, I choose that on purpose as it makes a standard line officer pop out on the table

      Delete
  7. Top work mate. Gotta love the Swiss - what a uniform! Agree with Monty about the line commander's horse as well. Might have to try that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them! Well done, that man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect paintjob, Andrew!
    A love each and every of those three.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stuff - I particularly like the piebald horse the Line Commander is on - the first I can recall. Beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doc, I thought I would give it a go and sometimes its good to be different

      Delete
  11. It's all been said above but these are top draw stuff

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great paintjob, especially love the Swiss Commander and the last horse!
    Best,
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent painted figures! Love that palomino!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...