12 November 2013

The 1st Blog Con report from Loki's perspective (part 1)

Firstly welcome to the new followers that have climbed aboard this week, I have a good amount of posts to come over the coming week so stay tuned.

Well what an thoroughly enjoyable weekend at Blog Con. Although It may take a few days for the tongue to recover from all the chatter on Saturday and Badger baiting Sunday (more on that in the next post). Saturday saw me up bright and early to collect Kevin for the trip to Nottingham and thanks to technology deciding to really sod about, we arrived later than I had planned but still in time to set up etc before the kick off of the weekends fun.
As you can see Wargames Foundry has plenty of space
Muskets & Tomahawks table set up by Paul Brewerton
Mike set up Saga with the assistance of Kevin and his Anglo Danes
Ian and Lee with their 6mm Napoleonic collection and rules
X wing provided by James
 Now I have to be honest here and state that there were more games being put on as well as these, but I forgot to capture them prior to the event getting into full swing. I will remember that for next year.

The day was very enjoyable and will provide some great memories as I get more senile than my current level of senility and I can at least say I was there at the start of this event. Now as with all events things don't always go to plan and some things dropped off the agenda, and some bloggers that I had hoped to meet were unfortunately unable to attend.

The superb town of Serenity
Lee and Ian in full flow
Mike & PK on the right playing Chain of command.  Larger than life centre of shot Ray 'The Badger' Rousell
 
The game in the foreground eludes me but centre line up is Dave, Fran, Sidney and James
The Oldhammer movement

I know I have hardly done this justice with these pictures, but I was so busy chatting and catching up with fellow bloggers that I did not take as many images as I would have normally.

I will close this post with a simple thank you to all those that attended as the event would have been nothing without you all making the effort to join in the fun. Special thanks has to be given to all the organisers and Wargames Foundry as without them the event would not have happend at all.

This is one event I am sure to include on my calendar going forward.


38 comments:

  1. What a terrific venue for a gaming day! Thanks for sharing your experience and looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an excellent Saturday for me, it was easily the best date of my 2013 calendar and I will be back next year, doing what? I really am not sure yet

    ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you and Lee the game looked excellent

      Delete
  3. Great report of a very nice event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a pity I missed the Saturday but based on Frans description of sharing a hotel room with Ray (on Saturday night) I may have escaped the mental scars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You cant escape the mental scars, I did not stay over but Fran's description of the Badger in smugglers has scarred me for life

      Delete
  5. Great photographs Andrew, you really get a feel of the scope of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun event - something for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good write up, glad you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure James, there is more to come yet

      Delete
  8. Wot no Molotov cocktails.

    Great to meet up.,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None on the Saturday, but I think I more than made up for that Sunday. Was a pleasure to meet you and play your excellent game Dave

      Delete
  9. Indeed what a great venue. Look like you all had fun. I need to get my ass in gear and get tme to some of these here events!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be good to see you, this one will be a regular event

      Delete
  10. Would have liked to have been there.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great time was had by all. Can't wait to hear about the Badger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh the Brut wearing badger in budgie smugglers he is every where my friend

      Delete
  12. Good write up and pictures.
    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent Andrew. Looks like a weekend of great fun to me.

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Stefan. It was great fun

      Delete
  14. What a great write up. I will make strenuous efforts to make it next year. It looks and from reading other blogs as well like a fantastic event. I do feel that I have missed out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope to meet you next year Clint, it was a good solid weekend of fun with good company I am sure you would have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures! Looks like a fun weekend!
    Greetings, Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great report and pictures from this event! Thanks for sharing!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...