14 November 2013

Brut and Budgie smugglers!!!! - 1st Blog Con report from Loki's perspective (part 2)

This reflects on the events of the Sunday Morning at Blog Con. A quieter day than Saturday but for me it was very good fun. The atmosphere changed just before 10 am as the doors cracked open to let in everyone to the venue.

The perfume arrived first a heady dose of Brut from one of Kents finest exports. Casually dressed in readiness for the day ahead and thankfully the Budgie smugglers were not on public display Ray sauntered into the room. Closely followed by the soft tones of Ireland's friendliest export in the form of Francis still muttering about having spent another night sleeping in the same room as the snoring fat eejit who insisted on parading around in Budgie smugglers that were at least 5 sizes too small. Yes Francis was a touch sleep deprived having spent two sleepless nights in the same hotel room as Ray, even a call from the local noise pollution officers failed to silence his snores!!!

Now unlike yesterday where I did not get much gaming in. Today was going to be about playing some of the games that I had missed out on so far. After a nice cup of tea and some casual chit chat we all decided to settle down and have a game of Blazing Dice in the not so quiet town of serenity. I played the cowboys in this game, James had the Lawmen, The man with no name was played by Big Lee, Billy the kid was played by (the chaps name eludes my memory), finally Ray played the Pinkertons.

Some pictures of the great terrain supplied by Dave for this game:






This is one very nice looking game and it has everything you can think off in terms of game play, and with multiple players and all umpired by Dave this was a complete hoot to play.
Before the game commenced I decided to have a little fun and kill what ever came my way. The game is fully card driven and turns end when a certain card comes up in the deck. This adds a great element to the game as you may or may not get any actions in a particular turn. The following is a run down of the game I was fortunate to participate in.

Early in the game Billy the kid had set out to make a name for himself and he proceeded in the general direction of the man with no name and his captive after all his captive was worth $25,000 and the objective of the game. Things did not go to well for Billy though, he did go down in a hail of bullets and had crippled the towns sheriff, but ran out of ammunition too often and became a victim to Stumpy's shotgun. The Man with no name was making his way rather quickly to the train on the far side of town, with his captive in tow so I had to get across town to try and free him as I found out he was one of my brothers.

Suffering from sporadic activation I did manage to get a couple of the boys across town near to the train, but them there Pinkertons laid between me and my prize. I let loose a shot that missed everything and left me out of ammo, then the Pinky opened fire and wounded one of my boys, at this point the Badger baiting commenced and my mission purely focussed on killin' Pinky's from that point onwards. The Man with no name had made it to the train and it was starting to pull out of the town. Everybody at this point only had one thought which was to jump on the train. One of my guys who had no chance decided to start a stampede, this very nearly killed him as he forgot to get out of the way. The cows ran amok for the rest of the game but they did no more damage except ensure that Billy the kid would not rise from the ground.

Back to the train, now Ray had managed to get all his Pinky's on board and was going for the win by attacking Big Lee, who was definitely having the dice gods smile on him today.  Ray had lost a round or two of combat but was still alive with all three Pinky's. I finally managed to get one of my boys at each end of the carriage, this was my moment, after attempting to stab one Pinky in the back he turned and faced me taking several stomach wounds from my knife, however he knocked me out and effectively that took one more character out of my game. Another Pinky fell victim to the Man with no name, whilst another Pinky lay wounded so I shot him in the head. before taking a fatal bullet myself. Lee escaped with my brothers and had won the game.

Well that is it for this post, I urge you to head over to the Serenity blog where you can download the rules etc for your own slice of cowboy action.

27 comments:

  1. It is strange, all I can smell now is Brut - just off to double lock the front door! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would also place a bar across it, those stealth mode budgie smugglers can be hard to stop

      Delete
  2. Cracking game it was. I can feel a grudge match scenario coming on next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brut! Brut! It was actual English Leather????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. enough of your sexual deviations, the budgie smugglers are bad enough, but the leather fetish is to much information

      Delete
    2. You are a sick man Ray....quality and totally true report my man Loki!

      Delete
  4. A ripping good time that ended with a hail of bullets! It doesn't get any better than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does not but also the good company adds to it

      Delete
  5. greate AAR and pictures

    Love the stamped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had to do it I have a bad name to uphold

      Delete
  6. Great games at a great venue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Lots of fun to play as well Christopher

      Delete
  8. Interesting, I always thought of Ray as a Hai Karate man. Great write up and the stampede was clever, even if it didn't kill off any opponents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No that would require a toned physique, Ray hass a more relaxed approach

      Delete
  9. Very nice AAR with beautiful pictures and some great, funny, moments...nice looking adventures you had!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...