19 November 2013

Badger culling and Morris Dancers - 1st Blog Con report from Loki's perspective (part 3)

After the morning of cowboy mayhem, we all had a chat and a nice cup of tea, while Pete finished the set up his Very British Civil war game for us to play. The following report only deals with the fight between myself and Ray. Other blogs have covered the whole conflict.


As we settled down and choose our factions, Pete announced to us. 'Whatever you do dont get into hand to hand combat.' Now my boys from the Royal Lokitania rifles were not gonna be standing for that. No Sireee bob I was out to wipe out 'The Badger'.
Lokitania's finest deployed on the hill by the knicker factory
Ray had moved his faction into the fields ahead of me as I advanced on the vans parked outside the Knicker factory with my hot wiring skills at the ready.
Rays view of what was coming

One successful hot wire later and I drove the van straight into the heart of rays faction scattering them all over the place, But I was to have some fun as a carefully thrown molotov cocktail landed to huge applause as it turned three of Rays fellows extra crispy!!! (though taking a pot shot at the morris men and killing one would prove to be a mistake.

I then charged into combat and myself and the Badger exchanged casualties
 
Oh bugger the Morris men were not happy and charged me in the rear as Ray jumped over the hedge to get out of the way. I got beaten to a pulp by the buggers and had to beat a hasty retreat, At the end of the game me and Ray only had 2 figures left each while James had quietly stayed out of everyones way and gathered enough boxes to secure the win.

This was a great game to play and I learnt two things: Badger culling can be fun. Morris men are hard as nails.

23 comments:

  1. It was a great badger cull, he cried about it all the way on the drive home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain Francis, and the look on his face when I threw the molotov was priceless!!!

      Delete
    2. who moi? surely you are mistaken

      Delete
  2. Great looking game and a lot of fun was had by all it seems (especially the Morris Men)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very funny and played in the right spirit too

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. this post hardly does it justice, the memories from this game will last for a long time

      Delete
  4. Bloody Morris Men, after giving you a bashing the buggers turned on me??? And I was their Lord and Master!!! Damn commoners!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They bloody near wiped us both out, rock hard I tell ya!!! rock hard!!!

      Delete
  5. Great looking game. I am interested in the Warbases scenery on show there - looking at getting a number of those pieces so it is good to see them painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They take paint very well Dan and are cheap enough

      Delete
  6. This would have been one of the games that I would have loved to have seen up, close and personal as it were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would have been right up your alley so to speak, and you would have had a great time.

      Delete
  7. I think I must have missed the no hand to hand bit. As evidenced by my losing scrap with Lee's peelers. The game certainly looked the part , a top job by PK. The Molotov throw was a cracker that's the way to treat badgers

    ReplyDelete
  8. This stuff is making me green with envy every time I read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Molotov attack on Ray's badgers was a highlight of the game. The look on his face was priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely game, and a classic by the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, great read.
    Looks like you and Ray hogged the action.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are some really great tables!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful pics of a cracking game - thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chaps I am glad that you enjoyed the game and I forgot to tell you but those Morris Men hunt tanks as well

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...