6 November 2013

AW Miniatures - Compagnies Franches de la marine sculpts

Today I received a heads up from Andrew at A W Miniatures that he has completed the sculpts for the new range of Compagnies Franches de la marine.

As you can see a lot of work has gone into these figures, and they have been fully equipped for life in the wilderness. There is also a wider range of poses for this range, something I had requested for the Bloggers for Charity demo game.

Andrew has also informed me that he is having a new mould made for the range of Indians at the same time as the mould for these has gone past it useful life. This will all mean that I will be able to dispatch the final figures for the Charity game shortly.

18 comments:

  1. Those figures are stunning! I feel this whole BfC thingy will turn out absolutely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did AW make the figures you sent me? Those were realy nice sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes all the BFC lead has been provided by Andrew AT AW miniatures

      Delete
    2. They were wonderful to paint far better then my experience with Perry and Vitrix 28mm Napoleonic figures

      Delete
  3. What's the bright orange putty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure Ed, Sculptors tend to have many tricks available to them, mixing different products together to create alternate sculpting materials. I will ask for you but please note he may choose not to tell me and I have to respect his decision.

      Delete
  4. Andrew has excelled himself again great work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am waiting paitiently to have them in the flesh for painting :)

      Delete
  5. Very nice indeed.
    Andrew has done a lovely job on these.
    Most sculpters use other mediums along with green stuff.
    The most common being miliputt.
    They can be combined together to get the best of both putty''s.
    You painting these Andy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be when I get the proper sculpts

      Delete
  6. Woot! Can't wait to get my brushes round these chappies for BfC, they're absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto for the French native allies - if these figs are any guide, the native contingent will be lots of fun to paint!

      Delete
  7. Very nice! It must be a treat to be a cutting edge painter. The figures will be hot out of the molds and you get to paint them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing cutting edge about me or my painting Monty. It is nice to paint good figures though

      Delete
  8. Awesome figures! Great work!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...