9 October 2013

Loki gets Hi Tech, Wargames Foundry Pirates WIP

Well blow me I know I am ill as I decided to get Facebook sorted out. I want it known that I held out for as long as possible but finally lost the battle last night. I have had many requests over the last year asking why I wasn't on there. I did not consider it a problem I have watched enough Jeremy Kyle on daytime t.v. to keep me secure in the knowledge I was right. However over the last year I have gained a fair few friends through blogging. Although I am on Google + and having trialled Facebook with the business I was finally convinced that it was potentially a good thing to do, there is always the delete button if needed :) It will allow me to be more easily contacted etc. etc..

I have been fascinated by pirates since I was a young boy. Blimey that's a heck of a long time in reality. I don't know what it is maybe its the freedom of lifestyle, and the daring deeds of times long past. Although there is no denying they were a ruthless and bloodthirsty bunch in reality. I have always admired the Foundry range of pirates, but I have not had the luxury of lots of surplus funding to spend on what in essence is a bit of frivolity on my part.

As I briefly mentioned on a whim I happened to be browsing Evil Bay and saw some of the Foundry pirates and they happened to be only a £1.00 a figure. I heard a voice in my head saying to me "that's a bargain if ever there was one!" the other voice was saying "don't stray from the path, you have done well and not been distracted from the years goals you set." I spent the next few hours ummming and arrrring over the pirates, then a voice in my head said "look idiot, these will give you a bit of a break from your painting projects and the other projects you are working on." Now I have to admit life has been a touch stressful here and life at the moment feels like a bloody great juggling act and it's only a matter of time before I drop all the balls.

So I spent my money and thought I am going to have some fun with these. I have decided that the lead will get the best paint job my brushes can deliver, so I expect it to take a few weeks to get all 30 painted but here is the test figure.



28 comments:

  1. Superb! When my pirate resistance broke it was to purchase some of the Black Scorpion range. I must take a fresh look at the Foundry ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, The black scorpion stuff is nice though Cutlass is crap

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ummmm!! still stumbling around, Gill helping me out with it

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the Facebook universe.
    Very nice the pirate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. There's a cracking Idea. Although that would have to invlove one of the big Ainsty schooners I have been avoiding purchasing for three years

      Delete
  5. Lovely, I especially love the pants! And Andrew, if you luck into cheap lead, how can you say no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should say no a bit more my lead pile is growing not shrinking and I have had a clear out

      Delete
  6. It's grand to see you painting these Pirates!! No need to justify the purchase either as we're all a bit mad in this hobby. Goes with the territory.

    I've got FB too, but as I'm only hooked up with gamers there's no pressure to "share my feelings" or be on all the time. Just do what you want or don't want with it and it won't be a burden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I qualify as mad most definitely. I will be using FB for exactly the same reason really, I am no heart on sleeve type of guy.

      Delete
  7. Welcome to the horror my fellow facebooker. Nice painting as well old boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Fran, I am busy whooping Ray's scores on Candy crush :)

      Delete
  8. Oh-oh. That means I may now be the last bastion on anti-Facepalm ludditism left. I'm staying strong... for now. Lovely work on the pirate sir, you're sailing waters I myself am trying to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm holding out so far, it took me this long to even give Google+ a try. No Facebook yet! That is a bridge too far.

    Nice work with the pirate though! As my avatar suggests, I am not averse to a bit of buccaneering meself...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking Pirate and welcome to FB! Theres some great hobby groups on there. Try Carry on Painting if you want to pop by :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yaaaarrrr! That be a good looking pirate me hearty!
    Nothing like a change of subject to shake things up a little.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent painting Andrew!

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you. The test pirate looks good. I can sympathize with the juggling act, I feel the same way. And I'm not really all that busy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pirate work! I must resist!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great looking figure, Facebook does have its pluses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great looking figure there Loki and I too love foundry's Pirates which you have brought out the best in. Welcome to the world of Facebook mate

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice Pirate, Facebook, I am on it but no longer visit that often

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...