5 October 2013

Double Auction Action

First up I need to draw your attention to the first official auction being run by Bloggers for Charity. This first one is being run on behalf of the charity by +Gary Amos and all proceeds will be donated to the charitable fund.
There is a chance to win some rather splendid explorer type figures from Foundry's Darkest Africa range. Please click the banner above and take a look. If you would like to bid on what you see the process is a simple but effective one.

So please dig deep and help support this venture.

Next up is the new kid on the block, in the online auction world. This should be good news to anyone that is sick of using Evil Bay as the only outlet for there work. Now of course this will not be a miracle cure and the new site will need lots of support from the wider community to be really successful.

There are some good reasons why I would encourage anyone to use this site.

1. No listing fees --- That's right no listing fee at all you can purchase optional upgrades but this does not affect the ability to sell your stuff for free.
2. No Final Value fees --- You only pay your standard Paypal fee for the transaction.
3. All sales are covered by Paypal.

The site is still in its infancy and there are a few areas that need to be improved to make it a better experience. Currently searching is a bit generic with only basic categories available, so searching for specifics is not as easy as it could be. The inability to block buyers from countries that are known for fraud risk. However the team behind the venture are working hard behind the scenes to make this a fantastic venue for the wargames hobby community to buy and sell and some improvements have already been made since launch..

So please take a look and before you rush to Ebay as your sale venue give this a shot, it can only be a positive thing and should save you a lot of cash in the future. I for one will be giving this a shot in the very near future.

13 comments:

  1. I've been looking at that new auction site, looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be having a go next week as a trial run

      Delete
  2. The folks at MB were very friendly and helpful. Not much traffic there yet but I hope that changes for them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure the more we spread the word the better the site will become like all things it may take a while to crack the Ebay domination

      Delete
  3. There's nothing associated with any of my projects yet, but anything likely to knock eBay off its perch is worth supporting!

    ;O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my thinking Gary, I paid a huge sum in fees for my last set of auctions and I resent them taking a percentage of postage costs now especially as postage costs are high enough, and to get the correct amount to cover the cost you have to make the costs higher

      Delete
  4. Thats a good site and has some interesting stuff there, but early days and I hope that it becomes the place to use instead of EB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will work if we all back it as a venue

      Delete
  5. Not spotted anything of interest there yet but I have started checking every couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hopeful that as word spreads things will pick up

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the heads up on this, I'll certainly be interested to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do a post of the experience once I find so time to do a listing

      Delete
    2. I will be interested to hear your feedback on the site. It has lots of potential

      Delete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...