3 August 2013

Variations on a Theme

One of my most popular products is flexible roads something I worked hard on to perfect when I first started the business 5 years ago. I am not going to give a tutorial on how I make my particular version, but will share my latest efforts at creating a couple of variants of tried and tested products.

One period I like to game is the desert theatre using Flames of war, what I do lack though is any properly defined roads. Its the same old story I have been too busy, to make much terrain for myself and I just never seem to get around to it. Last week however I got my back orders into a great place freeing up some much needed time for product development.  I took a day to work on a version of my roads that would work for the desert.

I am quiet happy with how these turned out and will now expand the range fully and market this as an additional option on the web site in due course.

Now along with my own need for desert roads, I have had countless emails requesting that I bring back my 6mm dirt tracks. I had stopped making these over a year ago as I was never fully happy with the junction designs. So I spent another day reworking the original designs and making sure they were compatible with the older range. This is what I ended up with:

I am happy with these improved and reworked versions and should be able to add these back to the web site in the near future once I have made enough to ensure I can get the orders out in a timely fashion.

18 comments:

  1. Those are just fantastic Andrew! Now I want to go and redo my masters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are nicely done Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some of your 15mm roads and they're excellent: good looking and durable. Quite a milestone for me as I usually make all my own stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them Gary. I did spend hours getting them to work well and stand up to gaming needs.

      Delete
  4. Your roads are top notch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, very interested for me in the 28mm version...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 28mm range is already available on the Terra Firma site Juan.

      Delete
  6. They look great. Do you do any cobblestone roads for 15mm?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent stuff and I should know. I bought a set of your roads and had them out at a local Con today! Thanks sir!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...