6 August 2013

Inspirational words produce results

Thanks to you all for the kind comments and emails etc after yesterdays post. It really has given me a great feeling of community spirit. So much so I have been inspired heavily to carry on and have managed today to get the shields completed for Ray and have completed all of Fran's figures. They will all be varnished after they have had 24 hours to fully dry, before safely being wrapped up and sent home.
Judge Dread, "Strontium Dog" Johnny Alpha and Gronk, I decided to just go with the flow and do something different with The Judge and Johnny. The bases will be completed after varnishing.
Wulf Sternhammer and Slaine. The idea for Wulf came from a jibe Ray made about purple Dulux after a comment by Fran on an earlier post. With a hammer that big I wont argue with a ham in a magenta and yellow leotard. Slaine was inspired by my recent reading on Celts and Picts. I am sure Fran will blog these better once he gets them.

23 comments:

  1. Lovely paint work Andrew!!!

    Skaine are a favourite!

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look stunning my friend, apologies about missing the post yesterday, very proud to know these figures will be heading my way as my collection of figures from some of the best painters out there grows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the look of them Fran, can you G+ me your address so I can send them direct to you.

      Delete
  3. Lovely painting Bud.
    Happy to see you back at that table.
    Now paint some bloody celts..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots to catch upon before I get to Celts

      Delete
  4. If you were concerned about the quality of your painting then don't worry, those figures look great to me.

    I've noticed that my own painting style have changed visibly over the last few years since I started painting again. When people say they paint their figures to suit the 'three foot rule' I always chuckle to myself knowing that if I didn't have my glasses I won't be able to see the table, never mind the figures (I have superb eyesight for the first six inches, after that I'm as blind as a bat).

    Don't forget this is your hobby and is supposed to be enjoyable. If it becomes a chore take a break.

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Andrew - I'm sure Fran will be very pleased to add them to his collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tamsin, I actually enjoyed these as something different.

      Delete
  6. WOW!! Those are brilliant and this isn't something you normally paint. Fran will be over the moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Anne, you are right this is very much out of my comfort zone. Fantasy is not something I paint a lot of.

      Delete
  7. Great work Andrew! It's always nice to paint something different... A change is as good as a rest as they say! Love your Dredd in particular !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work Andrew! Your Judge D is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Top job Sir, they look wonderful to me Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic minis. Wish I had them in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on all Andrew and Dredd in particular is really looking good!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful painting, Andrew! I love all of the color and character here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cheers everyone its appreciated a lot

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...