25 August 2013

Having a Clear out and other stuff

Welcome to the new followers this week, its always nice to have new faces arrive on board.

This week my focus has been on clearing some of the numerous projects on my workbench. My bench is a place of chaos and disorder and this needs to change before it drives me insane. Earlier this week I completed the display figures for Andrew and then decided to stay in the same period and finish some of the 14 Redoubt Rangers I have for the French Indian wars.

These 7 have been painted as Rodgers Rangers, they will not be staying in my collection as I will be composing my collection entirely from Andrew's miniatures, so will be destined for sale in the near future. I have another unit I am working on over the next week, that will be a unit of independents.

Recent changes in gaming have also prompted me to think about my gaming requirements and what I really do and do not need to retain. Having had a discussion about this with the boys who tell me they prefer the board games and smaller games to fighting it out with tanks, I have had a long hard think about my Flames of War collections. The reality is these will become dust collectors now as Kev, Glenn and Karl do not play this at all, and my gaming with Kelly and Craig is and will be sporadic. So I am going to reluctantly offer these for sale.

I have a lot of supplements and old rule books that I have collected for Flames Of War and these will head off to Ebay shortly. I have also decided to clear all the other rule books I have for games that I will no longer play, some are brand new, only having been read once and stored on my bookcase. I will resist the urge to continue collecting every new set of rules that come out for periods I like in future. I will be adding a new page on this blog as I start to sell things off in particular for painted figures, but I may list the new rule books here too so you can have a chance to purchase anything before I send them off to ebay.

The first additions to the page will be a couple of my tank companies that I built during last years painting challenge. I shall add more as I go through the collection and photograph everything.

10 comments:

  1. Try Blitzkrieg Commander before you flog those tanks my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul, I must resist the temptation to try any other games/rules. I play many periods and WW2 with any rules would always be a very low priority for me.

      Delete
    2. You are a man of iron! I admire such discipline!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to be doing the same thing-having a clear out. All my painted figures just sit in containers so I'm going to sell them and sell everything I paint from here on out. Hope to be moving soon and want to thin the herd for that as well.

    Best wishes on your sales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have no problems selling your figures Anne, you have produced some stunning pieces over the last year. I wish you luck and good fortune for the move.

      Delete
  3. I hate selling my painted stuff, always seem to regret it! Good luck with sales Loki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Rangers Andrew! I love Redoubt F&IW figures and even more so with a paint job like that!

    Your FOW collection's are beautiful and I highly recommend you do not sell them. It's very likely one day you will want to try again. Personally I've regretted every single painted miniature I've sold and wish I had not and so have stopped doing that. It's easy to acquire unpainted lead and so trading and selling that stuff is of no concern, but painted figures is a whole different beast. It's one of the most difficult parts of the hobby because it's the one thing you can't do with a click of a button when the mood strikes.;-) Of course they are your miniatures to with as you see fit, but I sincerely hope you don't regret it. Best wishes Andrew.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with a clear out, it usually funds some more shinybloodyitis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Rangers are brilliant, bravo!

    I can't seem to give anything up - it's pathetic really. I always think of the work and effort I put into them and I get all nostalgic and dewy eyed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent Rangers Bud.
    All we seem to be painting lately are bloody Rangers, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...