24 August 2013

AW Miniatures - Coureur de Bois - Display figures painted

First up welcome to the new followers, nice to have you on board and I hope you enjoy reading my ranblings.

This week has seen me at my paint desk most evenings in order to try and clear my backlog, and get back to some of my own projects. I have had a reorganise and cleared the figures from the desk, I have found that the more figures I have in various states of painting, the less inclined I have been to finish something. Instead I have been distracted and bobbing from this to that and back again.

A couple of weeks ago I posted the new Coureur de Bois sculpts Andrew had sent across for me to paint up for his display they can be found HERE. I managed to get these completed this week and based up ready to go into his display later this year.

Front and rear of the first three.

Front and rear view of the 2nd three figures.

I deliberately kept the finish on the bases simple so as not to detract from the figures.
The figures have been a joy to paint with good cuts and folds and great detail in the sculpts. I will be adding some of these to my collection without doubt.


32 comments:

  1. Really nice, beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I would make them vivid as they are for a display for the manufacturer

      Delete
  2. Nicely done Andrew. They're certainly tempting figures, but I must maintain self discipline!

    Desk clearing is a real pain and sends me on a guilt trip, but I do get a holier than thou feeling when I actually finish something that's been hanging round like a bad smell for ages. Ergo, it must be good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary you know the butterfly will get you so you might as well give in to it :)

      I have to agree desk clearing is mind numbing, especially as it is always caused when I get distracted and start doing other things. Instead of focussing on one thing at a time.

      Delete
  3. Great stuff! Very nice clean crisp colours. Never seen these before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are new sculpts from Andrew and will feature as part of the bloggers for charity force.

      Delete
  4. Stunning paintjob on some very nice figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice painting indeed Andrew full of life and colour!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Christopher, these are very nice sculpts to paint and I am glad to have got them looking right

      Delete
  6. Lovely colours and brushwork on these Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking figures, and very nie paint job.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work sir I am busy working through to Indians

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done. What you said here, "I have found that the more figures I have in various states of painting, the less inclined I have been to finish something. Instead I have been distracted and bobbing from this to that and back again." resonated with me. Seems to be exactly my problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hence packing some away and bringing them out one unit at a time to regain some control on the chaos.

      Delete
  10. Who's the manufacturer on these?

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW Miniatures there is a direct link on near the bottom left of my blog page

      Delete
  11. Great work Andrew! It's the little flourishes you've added that make them really shine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic painting work, sir. I like a lot these figures; they are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooooooooooooooooooooooo
    These are a bit Sweet..
    Nice job, now paint some bloody Celts.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...