2 July 2013

The Mighty Thor

The wife has been mentioning in only the way a wife can about having another addition to the family, namely a whippet. Now this hinting as she puts it has been on going for several months and an opportunity presented   its self last week as her birthday rapidly approached. So seizing the moment I relented, there is only so much a man can take and her endless oh this is cute,I like this one almost on a daily basis as she scoured the internet took its toll.
I caved in and bought her, a nine week old Saluki cross Greyhound puppy (Lurcher). My last dog Wellington also a Lurcher passed 5 years ago so it feels ok to have another dog as part of the family. This particular bundle of joy is already settling into the daily chaos of being in this house, and has learnt to avoid the boys when they have Nerf  guns to hand, chews pretty much anything that takes his fancy, but in general is well behaved, in as much as a curious pup can behave. Even better the wife has given him the most agreeable name of Thor.

21 comments:

  1. Ah, you can't go wrong with a Long Dog for your Great Hall!

    We have a whippet and a lurcher ourselves.

    Great name...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a soft spot for long dogs, although he seems to have a sot spot for my armchair already :(

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the pup. Dogs are important; we have five.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic now I have two new dogs to meet when I pop up, great name and great looking Dog Gratz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great name there, full of power

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great name for a great looking dog!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there anything dogs can't make better? Lovely fellow and interesting mix. Enjoy the new addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, as a Northener it had to be a whippet!

    I'm not allowed a dog - nothing said, just that look so I just make do with the flat cap . . . . I'm jealous as hell.

    If you want a cat for him to chase I can supply one. She's blind and virtually deaf, but a cat's a cat eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's fine looking and I do believe he will have you wrapped around his paw in short order. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I love lurchers. Can't wait to see what he grows up to look like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, that's a nice looking pup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's a fecking little beauty Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stuff Andrew. I like !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! I love Lurchers and he looks the business. Enjoy your new pup!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah geez, Loki, just when I was about to settle back and hopefully read some exciting stuff... you're talking about a dog... not making a baby? Hahaha, just kidding(not). Great looking toy crusher you have there; many happy years to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you everyone, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...