30 June 2013

A return to the brushes

Firstly welcome to all the new followers that have joined the Longship in recent weeks. I hope you find plenty to keep you interested in my little bit of the blogosphere.

Finally my body seems to have made a full recovery from my recent ill health. Not that I have been idle at all and it has given me time to focus on some terrain as I have documented here in the past weeks. I have also been busy getting some figures prepared. In readiness for my new glasses which thanks to last weekends auction I can now afford, so I will be able to break out my brushes again.
This is my workbench currently, in the background on the right are the French Regulars I had started painting and doing the guide for. These will be completed shortly. In the foreground I have begun preparation of the French Regular box set from AW miniatures, for a display stand. Off the table I also have a large group of Anglo Saxons ready to go once all these are cleared. The large tangle of figures back left are Ray's Vikings and Fran's err Fantasy 2000AD though he did ask first before sending.
I have started with the Ray's Vikings and have applied base colours to both the armour and clothing.

15 comments:

  1. Yay Lokis back on the brushes all must be well with the world. Nice mix on your painting table
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Ray really is your favourite, I thought the rumours were false but excellent news on back to your gift Andrew but the news still hurts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO!!! Fran I have no favourites, Dark Age figures come easy to me so make the perfect choice to start on. Where as your Fantasy stuff will require far more time and effort, They are FECKING HUGE casts and a whole new area for me.

      Delete
    2. Just send the moaning Irishmans figures undercoated in purple Dulux, after all that's all he deserves!!!!! The Vikings are already looking rather dashing!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Good to hear that you're on the road to recovery and back with a brush in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, be careful with Ray; I´m sure he has bought his "favourite" state...

    A lot of work on your table, sir. Great mix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great news that you're on the mend Andrew! Paintings looking as good as ever too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear you're back at the brushes Andrew. Ray's figs are coming along nicely and I'm very interested in seeing how you handle Fran's figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, I too am interested in how I will manage with Fran's figures.

      Delete
  7. I like the triangular handles on your brushes. What brand are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brushes have a post here http://napoleonicwargamingadventures.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/my-weapons-of-choice.html

      Delete
  8. @ Michael,Juan, Vulcanologist Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back to the painting table! Looking forward to seeing what comes out.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...