14 May 2013

Muskets & Tomahawks - French regular infantry (part 2)

Continuing with the French regular infantry figures from AW Miniatures, I have chosen to paint these as the French Regiment No 34 La Sarre.

On April 3rd 1756, the 2nd battalion boarded fleet transports to Canada along with the new French commander Montcalm. It disembarked at Quebec on 12th May, and from there went to Fort Frontenac on lake Ontario. They featured heavily in the battles in New France during Montcalms campaigns.

Above is a Historex plate of the Regiment and others.
This is an image of the La Sarre regiment and its soldiers in various states of dress and Undress uniforms.

HEADGEAR
Musketeers - Black tricorne laced gold with black cockade. Capote red brim with blue bag yellow fleur de lys on brim.

NECKSTOCK
black

COAT
grey-white coat, with blue collar and cuffs. Horizontal pockets with 3 copper buttons

WAISTCOAT
red

BREECHES
grey-white

GAITERS
white

EQUIPMENT
crossbelt, pack, waistbelt and cartridge box all natural leather
Here is my test figure painted up, next I will do a full step by step painting guide for the remainder of the figures.

23 comments:

  1. Nicely done Andrew and will be helpful to other souls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very god paint work in that mini, it Will be nice to follow the rest of them painted up.

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get the other completed by the end of the week

      Delete
  3. He looks great; nice colors for this regiment. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice figure and some great info too!!! Hopefully me and Fran will have our figures in the post to you by the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time for me to start getting worried then ;)

      Delete
  5. Test figure loks superb Sir, looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice start! Looking forward to seeing the whole regiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking good Andy, are you going to try and get your lads into this period too
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will eventually they are to young for the skirmish games yet.

      Delete
  8. Great test figure Andrew :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to see where you got the history on the colours to use from. I am one of those people who will benefit from your step by step tutorials. My Vikings arrived in the post today-Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear the Vikings arrived Anne, I am not sure how much you will learn from my tutorials though as you are already a quality figure painter.

      Delete
  10. This is very funny as I'm doing the exact same regiment for an upcoming 'Plains of Abraham' project. Your test figure looks fabulous by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pure coincidence Curt, I randomly choose a Regiment.

      Delete
    2. Great minds think alike. I'll keep you posted on my progress. I hope I can come close to your results.

      Delete
  11. The first figure already looks good so I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole regiment!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very nice test fig Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent reference info. - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great test model Andrew. He's got bags of character! The colour scheme is very effective.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...