5 May 2013

Dark Age Terrain reworked

When the club dissolved it was agreed that as I had made and donated a major amount of terrain to the club, it would come back to me to deal with as I saw fit.

While I have done very little figure painting this week, I have done some terrain work, mainly because two of the Dark Age buildings had been badly damaged in recent weeks due to careless packing away.

I was rather annoyed that the scratch built Church had had a heavy plaster building thrown onto the roof meaning the roof had to undergo a reconstruction and then repainted. The watch tower had also been flattened into the bottom of a box again annoying but easy enough to repair.

Whilst I was doing this I took the opportunity to touch up the minor damage to the huts and re flock all the bases to match my table.

This has now given me plenty of buildings for me and Kev to play Saga and other Dark age games with.
4 huts and a rebuilt watch tower.

The church with new reconstructed roof and rebuilt wooden tower (late Dark age), all re flocked to match my tables.
This is Loki's Great Hall, this has been re flocked as I had this at home already.


That's the Dark age terrain completed, my efforts now are going to be on some AWI and FIW war buildings recently obtained from warbases.
A block house and Barn in the early stages of construction.

14 comments:

  1. Love the great hall! I've gotta speak to Martin about the blockhouse you've got, he said he'd do one for me in 15mm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pieces, and a very fitting picture for the blog header now! Excellent work.

    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Dave, I thought it was time I sorted a decent header for the blog

      Delete
  3. I admire your ability to make (and repair) scratch made terrain. The Great Hall rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking terrain and that Great Hall is really great actually. Need to build some terrain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just beautiful. Time well spent I say. I wanted to tell you that amongst others your blog is not updating on my blog roll. This is happening to loads of us on blogger right now.

    Did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get the email Anne, they will be on their way after the Bank Holiday :)

      Delete
  6. These are lovely mate. I'm working on dark age buildings at the moment. My next effort is going to be a great hall so that is great inspiration! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic work on the buildings and I look forward to see your magic touch on the AWI stuff.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some excellent looking buildings!!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work on these buildings Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the angry lurker: damn nice Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy crap those are nice! Well done Andrew. I always admire people with the patience to do their own custom terrain. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...