25 May 2013

A bit of a bad week.

Things looked really good at the beginning of the week and I had so many plans.

I had been doing some painting of the French, I was set to finish the plastering on the renovation work at Kelly's, had been working on the new charity project with James and had been sorting a few things with Andrew at AW Miniatures.

However it appears I have been over doing things in the last few weeks and whilst up a ladder plastering Kelly's ceiling my body decided it was going to shut down, and promptly did. I went home for a sleep and that's when I really had a problem as I woke up with the whole right side of my body very numb.

She Who Must Be Obeyed insisted despite my man mutterings of it will be ok!! don't need to bother the quack etc etc so of I trotted to the Docs only to be told, I really need to get to A+E pronto and I was promptly dispatched to hospital. The diagnosis was not the best, but it could have been a lot worse.

I am recovering nicely and although it may be a couple of weeks before I can get back to a paint brush. I will be able to organise some of the outstanding charity stuff as I can type left handed. I am no longer able to do any more building work however as it the docs have definitely ruled me out for this.

This means that my blogging efforts may be quiet for a short spell and I will not get the French painting guide finished in the next couple of weeks. I should be ok for a few games with Kev though as part of my recovery program. I believe rolling dice constitutes gentle exercise :)

25 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that! Hope you're feeling a better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you recover quickly. It sucks not being able to paint! I had a thumb infection a couple of weeks ago and I could not paint for a little over two weeks, and I didn't know what to do with myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that Andrew - get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you recover quickly. Trapped nerve in the neck?

    Oh, rolling dice and moving troops on the table do constitute gentle exercise :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's what they'd class as a warning eh? Take it easy, but have a think about the gaming. If you get dice scores like mine it'll probably induce severe stress!

    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear Lord. Get well and back to the brushes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. take it easy buddy, plenty of R&R dice rolling good exercise but all those ones could cause undue stress :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, sad to hear this Andrew. Do as the Doc says and take it easy. I agree in gaming as it does help release stress, however remember to sit.;-) It seems many of us are getting hit with things lately. I'm slowly working my way through some back troubles over the past month so I understand how things fail on us. I'm now able to sit at my painting desk longer then 10 to 15 min. before having to take a break from the pain.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really sorry to hear this mate, hope you recover quickly my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Take care of yourself. Give me a shout if I can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As has been said, take it easy, take the warning and take the advice, but aloe roll well

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear this Andrew. Take care and I hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just you listen to those who know best and get well soon; we will all still be here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear that mate. Rest up and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please take care of yourself and here's to a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope it blows over and you get well soon.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you're on the mend soon, Andrew! Until then take it easy and spend the time plotting mad, mad plans.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you all once again, I hope to be back to normal in the near future

    ReplyDelete
  20. You scared the hell outa all of us Buddy.
    So happy you are on the mend after such a scare.
    Plenty of R&R and maybe the odd game to ease your recovery, lol.
    Next time, do as your told, was really scary seeing you in the hospital bed mate.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Take care and of course rolling dice is gentle exercise. If it was anything more, I'd weigh a lot less.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I relate Loki. Lost use of my right arm and hand for three months (Oct-Dec 2012) and it was a real pain. Things are great today as I've regained total use. Sending good thoughts and prayers(if you don't mind) your way.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry to read about your troubles, take time with family and self and forget everything else(the other stuff can all wait)
    Peace
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry to hear you've been a tad unwell Andrew!! Sorry I've been working away so I've just read this... take it easy and get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...