6 April 2013

Muskets & Tomahawks - French Wilderness Force 4

First of all welcome to the 4 newest followers of my blog, Iannick, Whispering Al, StuG and Gareson.

This is the final instalment of the North Star French wilderness box set. This time its the turn of the Compagnies Franches de la Marine. These troops were in essence colonial regulars under the control of the Navy.  They were lax in drill and dress, but what they lacked in drill and discipline, was certainly made up for by their skills and ability to cross and fight in the rugged terrain.

I have painted this unit in a mix of formal dress to give it a campaigned look.



I should point out that this particular group of figures would equally serve to be painted and used as Canadian militia forces instead.

In summing up the whole box set I would thoroughly recommend a purchase of this at £31.00 for 23 figures it is not an unreasonable cost for metal figures, complete with all the bases. The clean up is minimal and the figures are a joy to paint with plenty of detail. Now I have to save up to purchase the British box set so while I do that.
Next up from me will be some Napoleonics.

28 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added to the Salute shopping list. Your French force looks superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are bloody lovely Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Francis, they took a bit longer than planned to finish but are ready for action tomorrow night

      Delete
  4. what a great looking force you have now, hope it will not be long till you can sort out a Brit force
    Peace James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to photograph the whole force later today in game

      Delete
  5. Cracking work really like the bases

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding work Andrew, just love your brushwork Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, I put a few extra hours into the whole force, I find skirmish figures need more work as they tend to get looked at as individuals.

      Delete
  7. Great looking figures, bloody nice work!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff buddy, they kicked my Rangers arse last night.
    Got your Injuns though, lol.
    Great game, get some pics uploaded.
    I had another ceremonial dice burning session after the game.
    If I carry on at this rate, I will need to buy more dice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work! I love the basing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning paint job !!!

    Love the autum bases !

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, from a painter as talented as you that is taken as High praise indeed.

      Delete
  11. Lovely painting! The bases are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to tag this one. Of the ten, this is my favorite period. I'm also Potawatomi from the Algonquin Nation. I have some Conquest Natives, still need British and French forces to get the project going. Lots and lots of rangers and marines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the post David, the rangers, woodland indians and coureur des bois are all in other posts you may like some of them too

      Delete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...