I finally found some time a couple of weeks ago to complete the two 6ft x 4ft gaming tables for Kelly by putting the flock on them, so now he could play a game on them properly. Heres a snap of one drying.
His first major plan was to create a large multi layered hill, with size being his major concern as he wanted it to be a free standing affair. We set about the initial design by him describing to me what he wanted as I drew the basic design out on a sheet of blank MDF and foam. Then came the very messy stage, hence needing to use my workshop, shaving the MDF and foam to the plan. The final stage was to then glue the basic hill to the MDF weigh it down and leave to dry for at least 24 hours.
Now the one thing you can rely on Kelly for is his ability to get you doing extra things for him. He also wanted me to create a 4ft x 2ft extension piece for his existing tables, from some spare MDF he had in order to have an area to put gaming related crap while playing without it adorning the actual table. Simple enough or so I thought, this quickly turned into a much larger project, as I stupidly suggested that he build two of these so he could have one at each side when playing on a larger table as he had the spare MDF to do it. However he did only require me to frame the timber up before he painted it black and it would then bolt to the side of his new tables.
Now if only it had turned out to be that simple in reality, as he the realised that if he was able to bolt the two sections together he would have a 4ft x 4ft table to play smaller games on in addition to table extensions. This new gaming table needed to serve a different purpose though, and be usable for a couple of games that required alternative terrain namely Warpath and Star Wars ( now you see I have been trying to resist the forceand not buy into this game, but this may be a game changer)
What we ended up with is the following: