19 March 2013

Muskets & Tomahawks - French wilderness force 1

With the recent completion of the second batch of Colonial Rangers I am off and running with a minimum 400 point rangers force. In line with my aims for 2013 I now will concentrate on the opposite forces.
Recently it was my birthday and one of the presents was the North Star boxed set of a French Wilderness Force.
The force comprises:
6 Coureur des Bois
6 Huron Indians
10 Compagnies Franches de la Marine
1 Compagnies Franches de la Marine officer

These are very well sculpted miniatures with many details and should be a great paint. The figures do have some mould lines, some of which run through the face and need some careful cleaning. There are a lot of run off's too, in my book easy to remove and clean and show the mould has been meticulously prepared. I will be painting these in batches now the challenge is over.
 I am looking forward to painting these over the coming weeks the sculpts will suit my painting style, and I hope I can do them justice. I will be starting with the Coureur des Bois.

5 comments:

  1. They look good you lucky boy you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous Birthday treat, somebody has obviously been a good boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are the lucky one. My family wouldn't know what figures to buy me or where to buy them.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...