2 January 2013

painting challenge - post 7 "les Canaris"

Another good day at the paint station yesterday and again today. Here's the state of play at 3pm this afternoon after another bout of insomnia saw me back out of bed in the wee hours and at the brushes again. Production will drop off after this week as I head back to work.
Almost have 2 units for my Zulu war version of Muskets and Tomahawks completed 12 Empress miniatures, and am well on the way to getting the first 10 Foundry Vikings of my small commission completed.

Yesterday saw the submission of my take on the Swiss Neuchatel battalion circa 1812 to Curt as part of the painting challenge putting me currently in 2nd place.. This is a full battalion of 36 Perry plastics in 28mm. I still have the 6 skirmishers to do but intend to do them after the next unit is completed and work on both sets at the same time.




I took my time with these as they are for my personal collection. I also had firmly in my mind that they were a favourite unit of that well known blogger Ray from Dont throw a 1 fame or infamy, so I really didn't want to be screwing these up or I could be subject to ridicule after his post on my blog when I acquired the plastics in November. I had been itching to get these painted but had to wait until 20th December to start them or they wouldn't qualify for the challenge.

I have now made another submission to Curt, as I managed to complete today's work on schedule.


12 comments:

  1. Great figs and just noticed the new header, have you played the game the image is from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I found the image and then expanded it and turned it into a header via Gimp

      Delete
  2. You've certainly done 'em proud! What a great looking unit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray, I'm pleased they have your approval.

      Delete
  3. What a great looking unit. Very tempting.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful paintwork on this unit! Very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fantastic, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. John, Rodger, Scott & Christopher, thanks gentlemen your comments are appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the yellow.

    A colour that I always have difficulty with. Well done.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...