Monday, 7 January 2013

Painting Challenge - post 10 Ronin #1

My latest submission to Curt for the challenge was my own take on a Samurai.






I went a little extravagant with the basing on this, but felt that the challenge submission deserved to be a little special, and a chance to showcase some of my limited talents. All my research showed the armour to be very shiny due to the lacquer used in the finishing so I chose to leave this as gloss varnish. The composition of the finished figure came from an image I found on google that really gave me some inspiration for the base. This is the first part of my challenge entry fee as Curt has emailed a wish for me to paint another figure he is sending to me. Details to follow in another post.

3 comments:

  1. I like it. Great job.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great looking figure Andrew! A nice touch adding the tree.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...