11 December 2012

Figures here ,figures there, Figures every Bl**dy where!

I'm well into the preparations for Curts painting challenge at the moment although my base coat brush now resembles a stump due to painting lots of armour. So I will be out to buy a couple of new ones in the week. I am rapidly running out of both room and containers to store the prepared figures in though, and I have ordered even more that will arrive this week.
Ignore the elves in the background here they wont be featuring and have been there 4 months already.

more vikings in total 53 of these so far

4 tubs of prepared Napoleonic French  84 figures and 4 packs of British Hussars not yet started

French Carabinieers
15mm fallschirmjager

more fallschirmjager
I was asked to set a par score by Curt for this event, and not ever having attempted to paint in a competition, I have nothing to measure or set a proper target by so I have aimed at 1000 points painted for a total, I may fall short of this but will give it every effort. I will also use my painting project list as a focus point for the whole competition. My priority will be the French Napoleonics, and Vikings over the coming months and will paint other items on the list to provide something different along the way.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Loki,
    It is nice that you tell us about your preparation. This challenge is all so very exciting so far.
    I have my thumbs torn with cuttings from this week-end preparation of lead…
    Good luck to you.

    Ni. Ronin #30

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im just suffering from hand priming my fingers are sore from gripping my brush to hard.
      Good luck to you to sir

      Delete
  2. Good luck Andrew, you've got yourself set and planned to start pretty well there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prepared I may be confident in my ability to paint all I have primed I certainly am not.
      All the best for the challenge Scott I'm looking forward to seeing the Hobbits develop

      Delete
  3. You have been busy, I really need to get my finger out and get some things prepared! Good luck in the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You liar, you've got 2000 figures based already and you've a team of small children priming another 2000.

      Delete
    2. Im sure you are well prepared Ray ;)

      Delete
  4. You've got everything well in hand Andrew! If you can crack on with this stuff you'll easily make your 1000 point par.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crack on part is the hard bit I am a slow painter.

      Delete
  5. As Ray says, you have been busy!

    I've only given the challenge the briefest of thoughts and come up with a conservative tally of nearly 700 points. Now that I've finished my latest project, I think I'll have to give my entries some serious thought!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tally is based on my painting speed I have primed more than I can paint, but will save me a job in the future after all I cant colour any figures till 20th.

      Delete
  6. Best of luck with this Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck Andrew, that is a nice array of figures you have set up.

    John

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...