20 November 2012

Perry Plastic Building conversions and Rangers

Recently I purchased three of the excellent Perry plastic buildings to make some usable terrain to play Muskets and Tomahawks.

They had to be modified to allow the roofs to come off and the doors to open freely as its a skirmish game so windows and doors do play a big part when inside a building. I have to say due to my tinkering with the said models they needed to be based to add extra stability to the model. This would not be necessary if they were built with fixed roofs.

First up was the standard farmhouse built as shown on the box.

I purchased two of these so wanted the second one to look different so cut off the porch section and altered the length, very easily achieved with a sharp scalpel. Mounted onto a larger board and fenced with the acquisition of some extra lengths of fencing donated by Kev.



The interior was painted very basically, the last image shows how I added some strength and stability to the roofs so they can just be lifted on and off as required in game.

The last model to be built was the General store which is basically another farmhouse with an alternative front, and an extra veranda section. The kit actually allows you to build both options.Had I known this before hand I would have purchased three of these as I would have been able to scratch build a few more buildings with the spares.

Again a lift off roof was put in place but I did fancy up the interior with a planked floor on this (which I forgot to photograph). The exterior sign was done on a graphics program and given a bit of paint to weather it down a little.


I had a fortunate ebay purchase as I had been about to spend my money and order the very nice conquest miniatures direct from the USA, however on seeing 36 rangers and had to have them, even though I only actually need 15 for my 200pts (it allows me to expand)


A very simple but effective paint up and based on 20mm squares as per the rules. I play them as US Rangers and they have been very useful so far in a fight, and the figures are excellent, next to no clean up required and they painted easily as they have just enough detail to make life easy.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent work Andrew and good skill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice these perry buildings are great arent they i just done up a farm house recently too

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...