18 November 2012

New Napoleonics

So after yesterdays post and having sorted a few bits out with Kev who kindly Gave me two boxes of Perry Plastic French to be getting on with in exchange for some Dixon ACW I had spare.

I spent some time building both sets and getting them undercoated ready for painting.









After a discussion I am working on the Peninsular theatre initially and the first aim is to get a French brigade built, that will be at least 3 battalions of 36 figures and a 4 gun Battery, but may well be 4 battalions.

Now the one thing I don't want is a vanilla French force, as the painting will be boring and likely to not inspire me to finish the project. To that end I'm going to mix it up with some foreign troops.

The first unit will be the Neuchatel Battalion.

 I have this plate and several other references from Knotel / Elting and others to be working from, and am looking forward to seeing my own 'Canaries' completed in the next few weeks.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds good Andrew, I've got 4 boxes of Perry ACW to make yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the go together as well as these you will have no problems, there are hardly any mould lines and only a few parts. On a side not I built three of ther buildings recently I will post them next week, they are very adaptable and work well.

      Delete
  2. My most favourite Napoleonic unit! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I dont disappoint you, Im working on the correct standard at present as they never carried an eagle or a french flag unlike the other swiss battalions.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to seeing these. Beats painting heaps of French blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is the kind of motivation I need to perhaps get working on my 1812 Americans. Not that they'll ever face each other, but a scale and a period is always easier when you're not doing it alone.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...