7 February 2012

Oh Bugger

I got some cheery news from Microsoft today, they host my small website and recently re billed me for a two year subscription and hosting fee.

it reads:

On 30 April 2012, we are discontinuing Office Live Small Business. We would like to offer you an opportunity to self-transition to Microsoft® Office 365 for professionals and small businesses.

To get you started, we are offering you an exclusive 6 month free trial of Office 365 for professionals and small businesses and Office Professional Plus.


This really annoys me as they also make it clear if you dont move it to our new system yourself everything will be lost. Now I have next to no technical knowledge and its taken me 3 years to get my website to the point I was happy with. They havent even got the decency to make it an easy move. Even the transition pack is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike to someone like me. Whats more after 6 months its going to be very expensive at about £15 a month for stuff I dont even know how to use.

Well thats the rant over, because as a result I have decided to change host completely and build a more up to date site elsewere, thankfully a good friend has pointed me in thedirection of webeden and I am happily wearing my fingers out but the new site is looking better.  I wish I had moved sooner as I always had functionality issues with Office Live and the support is lousy. I will just have the problem of transferring my domain name now.

With all this said getting the business working properly online is now a priority and will over rule my targets for the month.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a right pain in the arse!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, don't let the bastards grind you down.....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...