17 November 2011

Back to DAK

I have abandoned this months target. With the reorganisation of my painting cupboard, I have been thinking about the actual progress I have made this year and frankly am disappointed. I have painted a lot of figures but actually achieved very little. With the notable exception of the Vikings I have not completed any other armies to a level where I can use them. So to cure this I am re-focusing my efforts.
I have 90% of the models I need to complete my Flames of War DAK tank company, the other 10% are part of a Christmas present so realistically this can be completed to a stage of having 1500 pts by the end of January. Especially when 30% of the force is painted already.
My focus will now solely be put into completing this force before I continue with anything else.
My Dak Panzer company in full will be relatively small:

HQ
1 panzer IV f2 (completed)
1 panzer III G

240 points

Combat platoon
2 panzer IV f2 (completed)
1 panzer IV E
1 panzer III G

495 points

Combat platoon
2 panzer IV f2 (completed)
1 panzer IV E
1 panzer III G


495 points

Weapons platoon
5 panzer II

250 points

this will give me 1470 points I may add a recovery half track to the HQ for an additional 5 points. So all I have to do now is paint up 7 tanks by Christmas. Leaving me the 3 panzer III's to complete by the end of January which should be an easier target to achieve. Any additional painting will be directed at the Dwarves which is another project that needs a good hard kick to get to being usable and will follow on from the DAK mission.

4 comments:

  1. How did you break this news to the kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did not mind as I am building them a railway layout and they are joining in doing this with me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments they are appreciated

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...