Therein lies one problem, the range of poses in the Beasts figures is a touch limited so I have spent much time making both major and minor conversions to give some variety. Having prepped most of them for my October target I kept having my eye drawn to the Gripping beast figures amongst my finished units and realised that although very nice figures they really dont fit to well with the Foundry Vikings. The real major drawback is I actually prefer painting the Foundry figures they suit my 28mm painting style better, so I was left with a hard choice to make but decided I needed to split the two manufacturers and treat them as seperate projects.
Now I should have waited a while as I have plenty of Gripping beast figures to complete that Warband but I got drawn to the net and had visit the Foundry web site.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the vikings had a 20% minimum discount and some had 60% off. You guessed it I became a moth to a flame and started filling my shopping basket with a wide range of goodies, even committing the ultimate sin of throwing a few extras in for good measure. In fact so much so that I will have enough figures to make 12 points.
- 4 packs of Archers enough to do 2pts of levies.
- 1 pack of Huscarls so that will give me 1.5pts of Hearthguard. ( total will be 5 points)
- 4 packs of Bondi with spears enough for 3 pts.
- 1 pack of very knarly looking beserker/warlords so I can get 2 pts of them.
- 3 Warband leaders ( I could not choose one Honest)
- 2 packs of shields (to make my own fatigue markers)
- 1 pack of wire spears.
So the October target is to complete the Gripping Beast saga warband.
completed so far :
- 1 Warlord
- 2 Huscarl figures (Hearthguard) one of them is the standard bearer. (1/2 pt)
- 1 point of levy archers (12 figs)
- 2 points of Hearthguard (8 figs)